Aino Havukainen and Sami Toivonen’s Tatu and Patu is a hugely popular children’s picture book series both in Finland and abroad.
To date, approx. 1 million copies of Tatu and Patu titles have been sold in Finland. The rights have been sold to twenty-one countries.
Aino Havukainen and Sami Toivonen (b. 1968, 1971) work together as children’s authors, illustrators, and graphic designers. They are best known as the creators of the hilarious Oddville boys, Tatu and Patu, whose limitless imagination can be admired in twelve picture books. They have won several awards for example:
- 2006 Kaarina Helakisa Literary Award
- 2007 Finlandia Junior Award
- 2009 and 2010 Longlisted for Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award
- 2011 German Children’s Literature Award
- 2012 Shortlisted for Finlandia Junior Award
Tatu & Patu will star on big screen! The film Kanelia kainaloon, Tatu ja Patu! (based on a book Tatun ja Patun ihmeellinen joulu / Tatu and Patu’s Marvellous Christmas) premieres in October: