This master illustrator’s scintillating interpretation of a classic story carries the reader through childhood’s wildest adventures.
Everybody knows Robin Hood. He’s the outlaw of Sherwood Forest who steals from the rich and gives to the poor, and he and his merry men are in continuous battle with the Sheriff of Nottingham.
The hero of Mauri Kunnas’ Robin Hood uses all his ingenuity to make off with treasures and taunt the powerful. The epicurean sheriff is left with just his fingers to lick when Robin steals his berry pie, and in an archery contest Robin’s arrows, quite by accident, end up in the sheriff’s rear end…
Mauri Kunnas is celebrating 30 years as an artist, and he continues to create sly interpretations of beloved classics. Robin Hood is one of the best known characters in the Western story tradition.
Foreign rights information
A sample translation in English is available.
- Catalan (Editse Editorial, 2010)
- Faroese (Bókadeildin, 2010)
- German (Oetinger, 2011)
- Italian (Il gioco di leggere Edizioni, 2010)
- Norwegian (Schibsted, 2010; Bokklubbens barn, 2010)
- Romanian (Carte Copiilor, 2010)
- Spanish (Editse Editorial, 2010)
- Swedish (Rabén & Sjögren, 2010)
- Brazil (Hedra)
- Russia (Rech Publishers)
- Lithuania (Nieko Rimto)