Kreetta Onkeli (b. 1970) is a Helsinki-based children’s book author, columnist, journalist and dramaturge. Her award-winning first novel A Happy House was published in 1996; her first children’s books, The Answer Kit and, the winner of the Finlandia Junior Prize, The Boy Who Lost His Memory, in 2013.
The Boy Who Lost His Memory tells an illuminating tale of young people’s capacity and creativity when adapting to challenges society presents.
– Jarno Leppälä (of the Dudesons stunt group), who selected the Finlandia Junior Prize winner
- The Answer Kit (Selityspakki), 2013, Otava
- The Boy Who Lost His Memory (Poika joka menetti muistinsa), 2013, Otava
- Summer over the Car Repair Shop (Kesä autokorjaamon yläkerrassa), 2014, Otava
- Ilonen talo, 1996, WSOY, novel (the movie version came out in 2006)
- Tervetuloa paratiisiin, 2003, Sammakko, short stories
- Beige, 2005, Sammakko, novel
- Kotirouva, 2007, Sammakko, novel
- Luulotieteen kandidaatti, 2007, Sammakko, colums
- Kutsumus, 2010, Sammakko, novel
- 2013 Finlandia Junior Prize
Works published in / Rights sold to:
Turkey (Aylak Adam Children’s Books)
Estonia (Tiritamm Publishing)